Using technology to manage the remote workforce
With an estimated 8 million lone workers (according to Health and Safety Executive HSE) in the UK, there has never been a greater need for the ability to monitor and manage employees remotely.
Technology has the answer – Workforce Management Software.
What is workforce management software?
A workforce management platform like IQ:timecard is scheduling, attendance, holiday management and time tracking system for optimising employee scheduling. Workforce management software can also track and monitor employees which provides evidence that employees have arrived safely for their allotted shift and completed their assigned tasks.
Not only can this help reduce time spent on traditional administration tasks like rostering, but it can also help remote employees feel more protected, productive and positive in their role.
What can workforce management software do?
Workforce management platforms offer countless ways for businesses to manage remote workforces more efficiently. But this mobile-enabled technology also benefits the workers and the clients.
- Manage jobs and set tasks
- Set pay rates and calculate payroll
- Maintain staff records
- Clock in and out via app or phonecall
- Journey planning via navigation apps
- Mileage claims
- Record notes and submit reports
- Instant messaging
Why use workforce management software?
At the centre of any well-performing business lies a well-managed workforce and this is especially necessary when looking after staff that work remotely. To help with this, many cleaning companies invest in mobile workforce management.
- Streamline processes
- Eliminate excess paperwork
- Reduce costs through improved accuracy
- Improve morale and increase job satisfaction
- Increase compliance
- Improve overall business performance
- Decreasing staff turnover
- Enhance the client’s experience
What businesses should use workforce management software?
Workforce management software is ideal for organisations with shift or hourly employees, and typically where employees work alone in remote locations. This means it is the ideal solution for contract cleaning organisations – as it provides proof of service and additional safety for cleaners attending a client’s workplace alone.
It also provides support to employees that work outside of sociable hours, with information being fed to a centralised support system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Creating a protected, productive and positive workplace with workforce management software
We have a vision that good workforce management software should help businesses with three key areas. Protecting remote workers. Facilitating a more productive workday. And positively influencing the mental and physical wellbeing of all users.
- Increase communication between employee and employer
- Compliance with policy
- Safety and security while working alone
A more productive workplace
- Real-time alerts and scheduling changes
- Better management of teams
- Utilise data to make planning decisions
A positive impact on wellbeing
- Data tools to spot patterns in unusual behaviour like stress
- Building a better foundation of trust
- Recognising achievement and enabling personal development
Ready to take the next step and find out about our Workforce Management Software – IQ:timecard? Get in touch and arrange a free demo today!