How home care management software can help in planning home care
And planning effective home care is made up of a complex series of interconnected processes. From registering new clients, updating care packages, scheduling care visits, and rostering carers – there’s an awful lot to do when it comes to planning care.
Add in some of the pains of daily life – carers calling in sick or clients needing swift interventions in response to changing needs, and things can get hectic quickly! That’s why care management software is a crucial investment to assist in the planning of home care and empowering teams to their full potential.
Helping you plan your care provision
Make changes at speed using intelligent scheduling and carer matching technology – with features like 6-star carer matching, regular carers, client preferences and carer skills.
Planning care made simple.
- Digital scheduling and rostering. Forget paper rosters or spreadsheets. With a digital scheduling tool, care planners can see schedules in an easy-to-follow visual calendar. Need to push a visit back, or bring one forward? Make changes at speed with simple ‘nudges’. Is a carer unavailable? Reassign a visit in a few simple clicks – with the best match feature to ensure you chose the best-suited carer for the client in question.
- Digital care planning. Care plans should be up-to-date, and accurate, and meet the needs of the client in the most person-centred way possible. Paper care plans are easily lost, difficult to update from afar, or can be mixed up with older versions. With digital care planning, it’s easy to update care packages/schedules in response to a client’s changing situation remotely – effective instantly and strictly managed by a version control check.
- Complex visit planning. In our experience, no single home care agency is the same. Some companies specialise in specific types of domiciliary care – whether it be end-of-life, dementia, personal, live-in, companionship or extra care. While other care providers offer a mix of services. Our care management tools have been built in collaboration with many leading home care companies – and can flex to a wide array of complex needs. From group visits to double-ups, waking nights and shift work it’s all covered.
- Client criticality tools. As care businesses grow and the number of clients increases, care planners should be aware of client criticality. This tool helps ensure that visits are rated by the significance of the client’s care needs. This rating system can help prioritise care provision and is especially useful during times of acute stress such as a pandemic or national holiday when care resources are stretched.
- Digital records. Client and carer records are at the heart of providing holistic, personalised care. With more complete and comprehensive records, care planners can ensure that carers and clients are matched on skill level, preferences, cultural knowledge, and qualifications – resulting in more responsive care delivery. Digital care records help care planners by guiding them through the process of creating complete and easy-to-update records.
Learn more about our innovative home care software.