How to manage software implementation in your business
As a supplier of technology, we’ve helped countless home care providers manage and coordinate software implementation. And we know that it’s not easy. From choosing the right software to finding the right partners, and to getting everyone in your organisation on board – it’s a long journey fraught with pitfalls.
It can be especially hard for independent home care providers or smaller-scale operations, as quite often the task of digitising the business might be left up to someone that also has a full-time day job – like the Registered Manager or a Care Coordinator. And let’s face it – there are 101 other things to do before they can even think about planning a software project. But that’s not to say it’s not hard for bigger care providers or franchisees too – because at the end of the day, managing a software implementation project doesn’t come along very often.
That’s why we’ve gathered our experts – our project managers, our development team and our operations experts to help put together a complete and easy-to-follow guide that covers the strategies and processes you’ll need in order to implement home care software in your business successfully.
If you are ready to start you implementing a new software system – download our free guide for a step-by-step process.
‘Implementing care software’ is a comprehensive guide and workbook to help anyone that works in a home care business to work through a cohesive and simplified project plan – that will ensure that they can find and implement new software in a clear and organised way.
Blogs to help you navigate the process of software implementation
If you would like to read more about software implementation in a home care business – check out our comprehensive series of blogs. Covering everything from planning implementation, selecting a provider, adoption processes and evaluation.
Planning a software implementation project
Whatever your organisation’s setup, making a software decision is a big responsibility. And making the wrong decision can be costly. Planning is important as it identifies the goals, deadlines, essential requirements, risks and milestones of a project – helping you deliver the results you want.
- Deciding what you need from home care softwareHow to decide what you need from your business software Once you have made a business case for the software you need for your business, it is important to figure out which features or functions are most essential for your business operation. When thinking about software, it’s easy to think… Read more »
- Making a business case for new softwareMaking a business case for new software in a home care business Before you set out to explore software options for your home care business, it’s important to be clear about the reasons for wanting new software. This is called ‘making a business case’. Not only will this help you… Read more »
- Planning software implementation in a home care businessThings to consider when planning software implementation for your business So you’re thinking about a new piece of software for your business. It’s a big deal. Software projects can be notorious for over-running, costing more than planned, and failing to live up to expectations. But it doesn’t have to be… Read more »
Choosing a software provider
It’s now time to start your search for the right software provider for you. In a perfect world, you’d probably want a bespoke system that completely meets all of your needs. But in reality, developing software from scratch is expensive, time-consuming and risky.
- Choosing the right software company for your home care businessHow to choose the right software provider for your domiciliary care business As part of our series on learning how to implement software successfully in a home care business, today’s blog explores how to make the crucial decision of choosing the right provider. After researching and shortlisting providers, it’s time… Read more »
- Shortlisting software providers for your home care businessHow to begin shortlisting software providers for your home care business If you have been following our implementing care software blog series, you may have already read all about how you can go about finding lots of potential software providers that create the right products for your business. However, we… Read more »
- How to find the right software provider for your businessFinding the right software company for your business So, you’ve decided to invest in a suitable software system and you should have already considered what you actually need it to do and how it will fit within your business. But what comes next? In this blog, we’ll look at some… Read more »
Implementing and adopting software
At this stage, you will be working closely with your provider towards implementing the software. But as a project leader, it’s sensible to understand the timeline of deployment and who will need to be involved at each stage.
- Finding digital champions in your home care agencyThe importance of engaging digital champions in the home care sector What is a digital champion? A digital champion is someone in your organisation, often a volunteer, that helps promote digital initiatives in your business. They do this by sharing their knowledge and skills with colleagues or service users through… Read more »
- Training your care team for new softwareHow to train your care team to adopt new systems efficiently Getting employees used to new software and systems can be tough, perhaps even more so in a home care business – but it’s not impossible. And while the transition period for training your team for new software is often… Read more »
- Mapping out a software implementation process in a care businessLeading a software implementation process in a home care business When introducing a brand new software system into a business, you need time to prepare and implement it properly. Not only will you need to help your employees transition over to a new platform, but you’ll also need to understand… Read more »
- How to adopt new software in a home care businessPreparing your team for new software in your care business Whether you are completely new to digitisation in your care agency, or you are switching to a new software provider, technological change is always a challenge. Preparing your team for new software is a crucial step in getting your software… Read more »
Evaluating software implementation
An evaluation can help you figure out what works and doesn’t work in your business, what lessons can be learned for the future, and assess whether the implementation has been a success.
- Evaluating a software implementation projectHow to evaluate software implementation in a home care business Getting to the end of a big software implementation project might feel like you’re crossing the finish line to a marathon but just like a marathon, it’s not the time to collapse on the ground in exhaustion. In reality, it’s… Read more »
So, whether you are embarking on your first-ever software implementation project, or you are looking to move to a new supplier and would like to take ownership of the project but don’t know where to start – it’s time to download our free guide.