Get inspection ready for a remote CQC inspection
Unlike many other parts of the health and social care sector, providers of home care and extra care housing services find themselves in the unique position that they may experience inspections from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) remotely.
Following a successful pilot amid the COVID-19 pandemic’s second wave, domiciliary care and extra care services now have the opportunity for a remote rather than on-site inspection, with the CQC using telephone and online methods for data collection.
Blogs to help you navigate the subject of remote inspection in the home care sector
- A guide to the CQC’s quality statementsThe big news for 2022 is the Care Quality Commission’s quality statement announcement in July 2022 of its new approach to regulation. It ushers in major changes to the way the CQC works in order to deliver its ambitious new strategy (revealed May 2021). One of the biggest changes ushered… Read more »
- Leveraging technology in a remote CQC inspectionJust like in an in-person CQC inspection, care management technology can play a crucial role in providing the information CQC inspectors are looking for. Here, we’ll look at specific functionalities of our software that can help domiciliary home care agencies prepare for a remote inspection with the CQC. Get inspection… Read more »
- A comprehensive guide to CQC inspectionsWhat is a CQC inspection? If you provide health care or adult social care services that are regulated activities under the Health and Social Care Act 2008, you must be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). CQC inspections are an important part of regulating health and social care providers… Read more »
- Thought leadership: Is your home care agency remote inspection-ready?By David Lynes, CEO & Founder of Unique IQ Following on from a successful pilot in autumn 2020, the Care Quality Commission now employs remote inspections as a standard format for domiciliary care and extra care providers. I first wrote about the CQC’s move toward digitisation back in July 2020…. Read more »
- How the CQC is using remote technology to inspect home care providersWhat is a remote CQC inspection? As the Care Quality Commission moves forward with its digital strategy, there is further clarity on how they are deploying technology to carry out remote inspections with domiciliary care companies and extra care housing services. Following a pilot carried out in 2020, and a… Read more »
Want to know more about technology and the CQC? Read our comprehensive blog series.