How IQ:caremanager can help home care providers deliver high-quality care
The next step after planning care provision is to ensure that the care professionals can deliver care efficiently, safely, and compassionately.
While care coordinators focus on planning and managing business operations through IQ:caremanager, care workers can access a dedicated companion app from their smart devices.
The carer app provides numerous benefits to home care teams, helping to improve communication, streamline scheduling, digitise record-keeping, increase overall efficiency and reduce administrative burdens – freeing up more time for high-quality care.
Find out more about IQ:caremanager
Want to know more about our Plan features? Request a copy of our digital care planning guide for more information about how IQ:caremanager is helping home care businesses like yours, to plan.
IQ:caremanger – ‘Deliver’ features
Accessible via the companion carer app:
- View schedules – check upcoming appointments and access details such as client address, family member contacts, and key safe details, while push notifications alert carers to any changes to their schedule
- Clock in and out – check in and out of a visit with a simple tap in the app
- To-do lists – provide a list of mandatory or discretionary tasks for the carer to complete during a visit
- eMAR – provides clear medication instructions for a carer to follow, with functionality to record notes or observations
- Record notes – provide feedback to assigned tasks or daily checks, with voice-to-not functionality to make things easier
- Route planning – Find the most efficient route to each visit, while automatically recording mileage
- Client & family portal – instantly share and receive information about a care recipient with the people that are important to them
Understanding care delivery
‘Delivery’ is the crucial part of home care management in which all of the hard work of care planning comes to fruition.
We think outstanding care delivery is anchored by clear and efficient communication, simple administration and record keeping, and the ability to adapt when changes occur.
That’s why our technology is the perfect fit for home care organisations. With our carer app information is shared instantaneously between care coordinators and care workers, administration processes are simple and streamlined, and changes to schedules, care plans or client needs can be amended at a moment’s notice.
How our care delivery software features can revolutionise your business
- Easier to make changes at speed – carers have everything they need when they arrive at a visit as the schedule in the mobile app is automatically updated
- Retain staff – mobile app improves staff satisfaction by simplifying the job, providing the information that’s needed, making data entry quick, knowing what your day looks like in advance, giving them more time to care
- Journey and visit planning/optimisation means less time is spent travelling unnecessarily and reduces fuel costs
- Improved comms with clients and families – through the client and family portal
- Safe data sharing – change control on documentation and secure, audited access
- Safe system for medication and risk management
Want to know more about how software can elevate the care delivery process?
- Managing risk and protecting clients in the home care sectorManaging risk is one of the most important responsibilities a home care worker faces when looking after the health and well-being of their clients. And because every client is different, the risks clients and carers face can vary from visit to visit. Primarily, when discussing risk, home care providers must consider – medications, client tasks,… Read more »
- How technology can help carers access client data securelyAs a regulated service, ensuring that care data security is paramount to maintaining client safety, confidentiality and trust. Home care providers process a huge amount of private, personal information. From client details to medical history to private addresses and key safe codes – carers are privy to lots of sensitive data. And while carers need… Read more »
- How technology can help carers respond more quickly to the needs of clientsResponsive care is a fundamental component of delivering quality, personalised care. And as is the case with any health care service, one size does not fit all, and a particular client’s home care needs can often change quickly. Good care delivery often hinges on how quickly a care provider can pivot to emerging or changing… Read more »
- Improving carer job satisfaction by providing more time to careA key component to delivering better carer job satisfaction is time. And with an ever-growing mountain of tasks and responsibilities to complete during visits, carers often find that ‘time’ is an asset they can ill-afford to lose. Care management software replaces manual administration processes that clog up a carer’s day, freeing time to focus on… Read more »